• Announcements

• Beast

Are you a New Player?   08/10/2017

Hey, welcome to Beastpk. If you're a new player feel free to check our starter guide here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Mellow

Short Slayer guide (For new players)

Hello, It's me again! Today I'm bringing you a whole new quick guide on understanding how slayer works and how to do it correctly and efficient!

If you are a new player, i highly suggest you read my starter guide to BeastPK before reading this guide.

Step #1, Getting started.

To start doing slayer, simply go to your skilling tab and click on the slayer icon, KKAw5Go.png

When you click on the slayer icon, it will give you an option in the chat to teleport the slayer camp. In the slayer camp you will notice several different slayer npcs, these npcs will give you a task, the higher the slayer level you have the better slayer master which will give you better xp and tasks and more task points/money.              

These are the different slayer masters:

Spria (1-25 slayer)

Mazchna ( 25-50 slayer)

Vannaka (50-75 slayer)

Chaeldar (75-85 slayer)

Sumona ( 85-93 slayer)

Lapalok (93-99 slayer)

As you begin slayer at level 1 you get a task from spria, when you get the task perhaps it's something like: kill 43 spiders, simply find out where the spiders are and kill them for experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step #2, gear.

When you're doing slayer you want to maximise your dps as much possible, and at lower levels that's pretty difficult. That is why the most efficient way to dps as low level is to simply buy full void (range ) and use a magic shortbow, this gear is both fast and also has a good amount of damage to it but it also has low defence to monsters as dragons. For npcs that requires high defence (such as dragons) i would go for a normal ::Gear - melee and just purchase a anti dragonfire shield

(Range dps build)                                                                                       (Melee dps build)

hwEwfGG.png                                                                 adwMHKf.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step #3, getting the highest xp rates as possible.

Method #1: (doing slayer on weekends) When doing slayer, i highly suggest you do it on weekends as it both doubles your xp and doubles your loots so you can gain alot of tooth/loop halves to create crystal keys. The xp you receive at weekends is really good.

Method #2: (using lamps on weekends) Lamps can be obtained from voting, when you vote you get 5 voting books to use, using 5 vote books gives you 5 points, in the vote shop there are xp lamps that costs 2 voting points each, on regular non dxp days they give 200k xp, but on weekends they give around 405k xp. Lamping is a very good method but a very pricy one as one voting point (book) goes for 150-200m each.

Method #3: ( doing wildy tasks) In beastpk there are several monster tasks that can be turned into wilderness assignment tasks, what this does is simply making your task only available in wildy as an example: (if you get 100 fire giants, you turn it into a wildy assignment and kill them in wildy). Wilderness tasks basically doubles both your xp income and it gives you alot more cash/task points in the end. However not all tasks can turn into wilderness ones (and once they're converted into wildy tasks, there's no going back), these are the only ones that can be turned in to wildy: (thank you sphinxking21)

Abyssal demon                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Frost dragon
Hill giant
TUROTHS
Blue dragon                                                                                               
Ice giant
Gargoyle
Lesser demon
Fire giant
Bronze dragon
Iron dragon
Black demon
Black dragon
Dark beasts
Steel dragon
Hellhound
Skeletal wyvern
Green dragon
Ice warrior

These are the locations of the wilderness monsters: (Thank you Beast)
U1ANIkq.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step #4: Slayer locations:
All slayer creatures can be found through out this cave in the slayer camp: prvWy9O.png

There are 5 different dungeons, Fremmenik dungeon, taverly dungeon, blurite dungeon, brimhaven dungeon, frost dragons dungeon.

Fremmenik dungeon contains the following : Bats, Cave crawler, Cave slime, Cockatrices, Basilisks, Rockslugs, Pyrefiends, Revenant fiends, Jellies, Turoths, Kurasks, Mithril dragons.
Frost dragon dungeon contains the following: Frost dragons (expected?)
Blurite dungeon contains the following: Ice warriors, ice giants.
Taverly dungeon contains the following: Poison spiders, Hobgoblins, Skeletons, Ghosts, Bats, Chaos druids, Black knights, Lesser demons, Magic axes, Scropions, Dwarves, Hill giants, Blue dragons, Baby blue dragons, Black demons, Hellhounds, Monk of zamorak, Black dragons.

There are 3 different lairs, Dagannoth lair, Kalphite lair, Monster lair.
Dagannoth lair contains the following: Dagannoths and gargoyles
Kalphite lair contains the following: Different kind of kalphites.
Monster lair contains the following: Fungal mage, Fungal rodent, Griforaloo, Ice demons, Chronozon, Nezikchened, Skeletal wyverns, Grifolapine, Ice strykewyrms, Ganodermic runt, Ganodermic beast, Aquanite,

There is only one tower: Slayer tower.
Slayer tower contains the following: Crawling hand, Banshees, Bloodveld, Dust devils, Infernal mages, Aberrant spectres, Nechryaels, Abyssal demons, Dark beasts,

There are 2 different towns with npcs in them:
Lumbridge contains the following: Goblins, Cows, Chickens.
Falador contains: Guards, Rats, monkey guard (at falador clan camp),

Step #5. Slayer rewards.
When you're training slayer you're basically killing monsters, some monsters can have better rewards than others which can make it profitable, but you also receive around 70m cash+ and task points, the higher slayer master you use the better the cash/points income. With slayer points you can spend it on the slayer shop to purchase things such: Ring of wealth (125 points) 1b cash (25 points). When doing wilderness tasks these numbers increase even more. When doing slayer you also have a chance to receive enchanted chests which go for 150-200m each, these chests can contain something called ''elite nex armour'' such as elite torva/pernix/virtus which costs alot, to unlock an enchanted chest you will require a crystal key. Elite pieces are very rare to receive.

In slayer you can also make alot of money when you get around the level to kill abyssal demons, these monsters have a chance to drop alot of good items such as lites, they can also drop shoulder pets (golden ones) that boosts your droprate, these shoulder pets are really expensive and rare to receive. You can also make money from dark beasts because of their lite drops or any dragons that drops visages.

When you receive 99 slayer, you will also get to use the slayer armour absolutely free, it's a very strong armour to use in both pvp and pvm, you will also unlock fire/ice abyssal demons that can drop really good items but very rare to receive.
here's how it looks: pRYoxF2.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it, that was my short slayer guide, hope you liked it and i also hope it'll help you out :)

Thank you for reading!

4 hours ago, Unbreakable said:

Very nice guide, you forgot about the fact that you can combine the best experience rates and the small extra visual help by using photo's, other than that I liked it.

I know, i edited the post saying that images doesn't save in my post. I had several ones but unfortunely they didn't stick to the post somehow :(

2 hours ago, Mellow said:

I know, i edited the post saying that images doesn't save in my post. I had several ones but unfortunely they didn't stick to the post somehow :(

to add image you can take a gyazo then copy the image from the gyazo in to your post and it should work. or you can just add the link...

1 minute ago, iron ding said:

to add image you can take a gyazo then copy the image from the gyazo in to your post and it should work. or you can just add the link...

That's what i did but with an imgur link instead, didn't work :l